The family-run company of Myott, Son & Co. Limited produced earthenware from as early as 1898 and initially operated at the Alexander Pottery in Stoke on Trent in the Staffordshire Potteries. Brothers, Sydney and Ashley Myott were soon forced to expand as demand for their grew quickly, moving to the Brownfield's Works, Cobridge (just North of Stoke on Trent) and then in 1925 extending the operation to the neighbouring Upper Hanley Pottery.
Probably as a response to competitor output the company started to produce hand painted Art Deco wares, exemplified by their broad ranges of jugs, vases, wall pockets and decorative table wares. Production must have been extensive judging by the sheer volume of such pieces surviving today. These items are highly collectable and sought after with bright geometric examples (such as the fan and pyramid vases) being most in demand. A limited 'Deco inspired' colour palette was adopted with dominant colours being orange and brown, though tasteful pastels were also used. In the nineteen thirties there were a number of collaborations, including that with British American Glass (B.A.G Co. Ltd.) and also Goldscheider (an Austrian wall mask and figure producer). Art Deco pieces of the period display the well known gold Myott crown mark on the underside, on a typical honey-glazed ceramic of the period. White utilitarian ware was commissioned by the Cunard shipping line with the manufacture of patent 'cube' tea sets.